Sunday 27 January 2013

A Table for Two

Love doesn't workout with reservations and "first-come-first-served"'s. It works out if you have the guts to step out of the line and go for it. It works out when you're aware that your ego's on the line, your emotional status is on the line, your reputation's on the line, but still you give up your whole plate. The thing is you don't know how to work it out when it all goes to the highest bidder. The feeling sucks.

Just lately, my crush for two years was asked for prom by the person she likes. Obviously, she said yes. I felt happy for them, but deep, deep inside I was crying. I've put loads of effort just so she could catch my attention. It's like I gave up a whole year's worth of food in exchange for a midnight snack. But then I knew she would be happier if she were to be with him. That's the true meaning of love: sacrifice.

-The Rusty Weatherman 27/01/13

No comments :

Post a Comment